Promachi

el en de
+ -

Book online

BOOK NOW
360° virtual tour

Outdoor View

Promachi

Outdoor View

Promachi

Outdoor View

Promachi

Outdoor View

Promachi

View to Kaimaktsalan

Promachi

Outdoor View

Promachi

Reception

Promachi

Reception

Promachi

Breakfast Αrea

Promachi

Reception

Promachi

Breakfast Αrea

Promachi

Breakfast Αrea

Promachi

Promachi

The Promachi village border village located 8 km from Aridea. It was built first as telling the older near the border and was known to the neighboring peoples called Sel (ts) co Gre (ts) co, ie Greek village. The village was named ''Promachi'' in 1926 because its residents were really early fighters of Liberty and Hellenism as pioneered led by Captain Tsotsio (Veskos John) the release of Aridaia 1912.

Today the village is one of the largest in the region, has the largest Community area forest 16,000 acres. Remarkable the existence of the cultural association "Almopes" who is known in Greece and Europe.

One kilometer from the village is the Monastery of Saint Hilarion, Bishop Moglenon. This monastery is historic, with the same founder Saint Hilarion, who was a great hierarch of the 12th century Church, who lived and worked in the area of today Almopia.

Briefly mention that Saint Hilarion was born around 1080-1090 AD pious Greek parents after incessant prayers sterile mother to the Virgin Mary. Some night appeared in his sleep, Mary and promised to give birth to his son, that will convert many of the error to the light of knowledge of God.

When completed eighteen years, Hilarion went to a monastery of the region and became a monk. He lived with great exercise to talk him all the brothers of the monastery. Later they commissioned him and the old folk of the convent and while still abbot Saint many miracles and his fame spread everywhere. Like the Virgin Mary appeared to his mother and announced the birth of the so occurred and the Archbishop of Ohrid Eustatius, urging him to place as shepherd of the people of Moglenon the Saint Hilarion. Indeed, after some time the saint was ordained Bishop Moglenon.

The seat of the diocese was rumored that the current village Gold. But the area where archieratefe Saint was full of heretics who followed the Monophysite Armenians and Bogomils. These heretics had installed in Moglena, who was an exile of all heretics natures, the dynasty Komnenos. Saint Hilarion with kiryktiko work and persistent anti-heretical the race caused the shift of large masses heretics to the Orthodox faith.

The existence of the monastery is attested from the 12th AD century, while the Turkish period there is no historical evidence. Eight centuries later, then-Preacher of the Holy Metropolis of Edessa, now Bishop Joel researching on the life of St. Bishop Hilarion Moglenon (1134-1164) met the first evidence of its existence. The life testimonies adigisan concluded that the current location in the village of Pozar champion was the Monastery of the Holy Apostles, the spiritual center of the region with numerous Brotherhood, which he founded and where the wishes of buried.

All rights reserved www.pozarem.com 2017 | Created by Λουτρά Πόζαρ